The Vista offers stores such as Urban Outfitters, the River Runner, Sandler’s jewelry store and more for holiday shopping. (Photos by Carolina News and Reporter)
With the holidays just around the corner, Columbia’s city districts feature special holiday deals to get your loved ones a gift without breaking the bank.
Abby Anderson, the executive director of the Vista Guild, recommends shoppers visit stores like Urban Outfitters and Imagine This Boutique.
“And River Runner Outdoor Center for the adventurer in your life,” Anderson said.
The Vista is home to spas such as Bliss Massage Therapy, Miraculous Massage and Occu Skin Studio. Anderson said those locally owned businesses sell gift certificates and would make “great” stocking stuffers.
“Whether it’s to come get a facial or haircut or massage, or anything else that you’re looking for — we kind of have it all covered here in the Vista,” Anderson said.
The Five Points district is another popular place for residents and visitors to shop. Heather McDonald, the executive director of the Five Points Association, recommended via email that people attend the district’s Season’s Greetings Sunday on Nov. 20 and its Small Business Saturday on Nov. 26 to find deals.
Season’s Greetings Sunday will feature “Santa’s Elves” passing out $25 gift cards from Five Points merchants, McDonald said. Also, the Five Points Association will host “Snaps with Santa” at the Five Points Fountain from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
“Bring your family, friends and even Fido for a holiday pic at the iconic Five Points Fountain,” McDonald said. “The first 25 attendees in line will receive a $25 gift card.”
DJ Voodoo Child will be there, spinning “holiday tunes” at the fountain from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., McDonald said. Then, at 5 p.m., the Holiday Lighting of the Fountain will feature a hot chocolate bar and cookies.
Small Business Saturday will feature 16 small businesses in Five Points offering various deals, McDonald said. DJ Voodoo Child will be back, spinning music from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
A list of deals from Five Points merchants on Small Business Saturday:
- 2G’s – Save an additional 25% to 50% off our already discounted prices storewide and will feature free gift wrapping on Nov. 26.
- Anton & Maxine, LLC – Small Business Saturday 10% off on available garments in the studio shop on Nov. 26.
- Bluetile Skateboards – Sale shoes will be 3 pairs for $100; Bluetile branded products will be 20% off
- Corbeau – On Small Business Saturday, the store will be offering 20% off in-store and online plus 50% off on all of their sale items on Nov. 26.
- DRIP – We will be offering 10% off gift cards from Black Friday through Dec. 24
- Flying Biscuit – Small Business Saturday Special, Nov. 26; bacon and eggs breakfast and a mimosa for only $12
- Good for the Sole – Special Sales throughout the store with drinks & lite bites on Nov. 26.
- Oops! Co. – Promos and giveaways for the holiday season every Friday
- Papa Jazz – Limited edition vinyl available on Black Friday
- Publico Five Points is bringing back Santa’s Pub
- Revente – 15% off all full-priced items including designer items on Nov. 25, 26 and 27
- Sid & Nancy – 15% off all full-priced items on Nov. 25, 26 and 27.
- Sunrise Artisan Bath and Body – 20% off purchase on Small Business Saturday on Nov. 26; 20% off your purchase on Dec. 3 and 4; free hot chocolate and cookies with purchase
- Uniquely MC – 10% off on Small Business Saturday on Nov. 26
- Vivid – offering $10 for any service from now through Feb. 28, 2023; only valid one time per customer
- Vestique – 30% off all weekend Nov. 25-27